12 Mar 2011

Review of "The Unborn"


I just finished watching the movie, "The Unborn" (2009), and I thought I'd tell you what I thought.

First off, I shall explain a little bit of what the movie is about:


The film tells the story of a student called Casey who is being haunted by a spirit. She later finds out she is a twin, and that her brother had died while he was still in the womb. The spirit uses twins as a gateway between here and the "next world". The story continues as this spirit takes over the bodies of people Casey is close to - including her grandmother - and then kills them. Towards the end, they will try to perform an exorcism to get rid of the ghost that is haunting her. 

I really shouldn't say any more because I don't to give away the ending, but I've pretty much summed up the trailer, which you can watch here. You can read more about the movie on IMDb.

**Just a quick sidenote; doesn't the main actress (Odette Yustman) make a great twin for Megan Fox? :O (No pun intended ;) (Anyone who's watched the film may find that comment funny))

Odette Yustman as "Casey Beldon"
So, on with the review... Personally, i thought this film was really good! I read a lot of other reviews about it, and everyone seemed to hate it. I'm not sure why, maybe it was too scary for them? This movie is kind of a "Drag Me to Hell" meets "Paranormal Activity" meets "An American Haunting" - I honestly think that is the greatest combination ever and the movie was quite terrifying (and this is coming from someone who doesn't scare very easily). I love a thrill, and this defiantly had it for me! I was on the edge of my seat throughout the whole thing. The special effects were great and the story line was very relatively original (there were elements of Jewish folklore which made it really good - I'm an atheist, so the religious parts aren't what made me like the film). Overall, great film, loved it, and the ending was also really good.


This movie is certificate 15.

Overall: 5 stars
Story line: 5/5
Acting: 4.5/5
Effects: 4.5/5

Have you watched "The Unborn"? What did you think? If you haven't watched it, are you going to?



No comments:

Post a Comment