20 Mar 2011

My Music Obsession: Simon Curtis

Heyy everyone! Thought I'd share my current music obsession with you guys - Simon Curtis! I love his music! And as far as I know, he's not yet signed. I've been a fan of his for ages; I came across him on YouTube through Michael Buckley (WhatTheBuckShow) when one of his songs, "diablo", was featured at the end of one of Buck's webisodes.

"Delusional" from his album "8Bit Heart"; enjoy ;)

Simon Curtis' first album "8Bit Heart" is free for download from his website: www.simon-curtis.com, and he has another album, "" coming out later this spring. Billboard.com posted an article about him this week, which included a preview of his new album :D I'm so excited for it to come out!! You can read the article / listen to the preview here. The article also includes some figures of how many downloads/views he had received, and it's pretty impressive for someone who doesn't advertise and is only known though websites such as YouTube.




However, Simon is not quite a newbie to the business - he starred in "Spectacular!" in 2009 and in an episode of Disney's "Hannah Montana" the same year. He also duetted with Jay-Z on one song in his album.



Here's a a few of my favourite songs from "8Bit Heart": Delusional, Beat Drop, Diablo & The Dark. (According to my iTunes, as these are the top 4 :L) ;)


Defiantly worth checking out! Hope he gets big. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment