11 Feb 2011

Born This Way - Lady GaGa


Lady GaGa's new single "Born This Way" was released today; and quickly went to #1 in 20 different countries (including the US, France, Sweden, Greece, Belgium & Austria)! The first single from GaGa's new album also broke records today, as it became the fastest selling #1 in the history of the US iTunes store! (OMG!!!) The song has also received praise from singer, Haley Williams (Paramore) and actress, Lindsay Lohan.


 I think we can all agree when I say this song is a hit... but does everyone like it? The audio version was released on YouTube today, and one of the highest rated comments pointed out that the song sounds a lot like Madonna's "Express Yourself". Hmm, that is true - the beat/melody are very close and even the lyrics are sending out the same message. In the past, GaGa has said she was very inspired by Madonna, but is this a little too far? What do you think? Do you like the song? Leave a comment below :)

6 comments:

  1. I am loving "Born This Way"! The same people who are criticizing it are going to be the ones dancing like crazy at the club whenever it plays. So harumph to them :-P

    Great start to your blog - keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yes, that is very true! It's an amazing song, I haven't stopped listening to it all day :) think I'm developing a bit of an addiction here =P And thank you very much! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello.... Wow I think you also like Lady Gaga....

    Well, I also like her a lot..

    Her music is so cool.. I really wanted to met her even once and have her autograph.

    Hehehe....


    Hey thanks for the info.. keep up your work...

    You have a nice blog... I'll follow you up.

    -doniesanjosealegre-
    http://thedoggyshow.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way what does azure means?? Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks very much! :) and that's really cool, I'd love to meet her too, that would be awesome!

    "azure" is a colour, if you have a look at my banner the words are written on that colour :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's fine that it sounds like Madonna, but it sounds like a rather boring Madonna song.

    ReplyDelete